A WARMLY WELCOME
Our Gasthof Alt Paznaun - hotel rooms & restaurant à la carte - is open
We look forward to welcoming you to our “Zirbenstube” restaurant on the 1st floor.
Dine in our beautiful stone pine parlors from the 18th century, which we have turned into dining rooms with great attention to detail.
Small, fine sun terrace!
Open daily / closed on Tuesdays
Mon/Wed/Thur/Fry dinner from 17:30 until 21:00 hrs
Sat/Sun lunch from 11:30 until 14:00 hrs and dinner from 17:30 until 21:00 hrs
>> Our menu <<
Gladly also "take away" (Tel .: 05444 5380)
Please reserve a table by phone at 05444 5380 or 1 day in advance by e-mail to email@example.com
SUMMER Open from May 20, 2021 to end of September 2021
WINTER Open from November 24, 2021 to the beginning of May 2022
Our small family business is known for its cozy and hospitable atmosphere. With us you can enjoy a relaxing holiday.
- Beautiful country-style rooms
- Fair and accommodating cancellation conditions - see our booking conditions
- Spacious breakfast room with buffet islands and a breakfast menu that leaves nothing to be desired
- Restaurant in the house
- SUMMER board: breakfast (served breakfast)
- WINTER board: breakfast from the buffet
- Cozy “Stuben Lounge” with access to the terrace
- Modern bright elevator
- Ski room with ski boot heating
- Storage space for bicycles
- Garage space for your car or motorcycle
- Absolutely central location in the middle of Ischgl
- Three cable cars in just 3-5 minutes on foot
- Shops, bars and supermarkets in the immediate vicinity ......
For the well-being of our guests, we renovate, carefully modernize, redesign and keep everything technically and hygienically up to date.
We look forward to welocoming you ! The Gander-Freriks family and the hard-working employees from Alt Paznaun
The history of our Gasthof Alt Paznaun
The house was documentary mentioned for the first time. In the beginning it was part of the „Idhof“ one of the five fees of the monastery “Marienberg” in the Vinschgau – South Tirol – (now Italy)
The so called „Big House of the inner village“ has been built by the tradesman Edmund Kirschner together with his wife M. Katharina Zangerl, daughter of the judge of the village and the customs collector Christian Zangerl. In the following years splendid wooden parlours (= Stuben) with epigraphs testifying the God pleased life of this period have been built into the house.
Oldest “Paznauner Bauernstube” of Ischgl with the epigraph on the door-frame „Quo Vadis ? Mori“
"Ischgler Stube" with the epigraph on the door-frame „O Gott und Herr zu deiner Ehr“
"Stube Alt Paznaun" with the epigraph on door- and windows-frames „Es kommt der Tod – Darauf das G’richt – Höll oder Himmel – warten auf Dich – und dies o Mensch dau’rt ewiglich“
"Handelsherrenstube" with the epigraph on the door-frame „Memento Exitus Tui“
The tradesman of Ischgl, Franz Anton Lechleitner, purchased the upper part of the house, No.12. He had two sons, Josef Franz Adam and Johann Nikolaus, both tradesmen in Prague (CZ). The latter named “Prager Herr” who spent old-aged his summer holidays in the “Big House of the inner village” staying in the "Handelsherren Stube"
The "Dorf Café Alt Paznaun" has been opened from Erwin Cimarolli and his wife Margret (maiden name Pöll). For that a part of the cellar was converted. This great deal was worth while. In her native house Margret together with Erwin could create the "Dorf Café" into a place of good entertainment and social gathering. Erwin’s continual creative power and his wealth of ideas around the culture and arts of his home Ischgl and the Paznaun valley has been the pillars of a special atmosphere which filled a lot of guests with enthusiasm.
The final plunge was taken. The partly dilapidated house was pulled down and has been built up totally new. The shape outside has been kept up with the least possible changes. Plans and drawings by architect Dipl.-Ing. Peter Schillfahrt.
Since then the "Gasthof Alt Paznaun" is having it’s home in the new "Big house in the inner village".
Wooden interieur and joists was taken out of the old "Dorf Café" and have been rebuilt into the new "Dorf Café" inside the Gasthof. Besides a 300 years old alp-hut was purchased which has been built into the new "Dorf Café" entirely.
The already mentioned antique wooden parlours (from the years 1756-1768) has been carefully taken out of the old house and been built into the new house. A very special ambience of those parlours is awaiting our guests in the Restaurant on the 1st floor as well as in the "Dorf Café" on the lower floor of our Gasthof.
Four high quality artistically decorated wooden parlours from cembra pine together in one house are a cultural enrichment of an invaluable discovery.
Beyond that the Family Cimarolli has been over and over encouraged to slip in the local arts into their "Gasthof Alt Paznaun". Numerous pictures and texts showing and describing historical occurrences, tools used from the alpine people in former times, reproductions of paintings from the local artist Prof. Mathias Schmid of the Paznaun valley as well as wood-carvings from artists of the Paznaun valley and Gröden (South Tyrol – Italy) are decorating the localities of the Gasthof.
A special admiration is deserving of the "Keramik Gemäldegalerie" – a decorative colourful historical journey made of earthen fragments from the local artist Paul Zangerl – which can be viewed in the stair case of the Gasthof.
Our Gasthof is being managed by the family under the motto
„Keeping traditions for our guests – convincing with modern and honest service“
Our booking- and cancellation conditions / Corona Information
Our Booking Conditions
A booking is only valid with our written booking confirmation and your booking-prepayment of up to 25% from the calculated booking price by bank transfer until the given date (plus the insurance fee for the cancellation insurence made via us). Prepayment is to be done only for winter bookings.
You are accepting our booking conditions with the booking confirmation.
Payments can be made in cash (€), EC-card (Maestro), VISA or MasterCard.
Arriving day: rooms are available to you at 3pm
Departure day: rooms have to be vacated at 10am at the latest
Please inform us in good time if you will be arriving early in the morning or late in the evening. Our front desk will not be manned 24h a day!
Short stays up to 7 nights are only possible if rooms are available in short term. For short stays we put an extra fee on the a.m. prices.
Changing persons during the booked period will only be possible after announcement and registration at the reception. We keep the right to charge Euro 15,-- per changing person.
We would like to inform you that our house is a non smoking house. Smoking is possible on our terrace.
No pets allowed in the rooms !
CORONA - Information
To protect our guests, our employees and ourselves as best as possible from infection we ask you to wear a mouth-nose-protection or a corresponding mouth-nose-cover (cloth or scarf) at the breakfast buffet, in the staircase, in the elevator, in the ski room, when enterering and leaving the restaurant and and away from the table as well at those places where sufficient distance to other people cannot be maintained.
- Contactless disinfectant dispensers and disposable gloves are provided at the buffets.
- Sufficient contactless disinfectant dispensers are available throughout the house.
- In your own interest and for the protection of others, we ask you to adhere to the general hygiene rules.
- Our booking app enables online check-in.
- We would be grateful if you can present a negative Corona test, a certificate of a recent Corona infection or a Corona vaccination certificate at check-in.
*Changes according to official requirements are possible at any time and will be updated when prompted.
- Our employees are regularly tested for Covid19, are trained as part of our hygiene concept and, of course, adhere to the mouth and nose covering.
- The guest rooms are cleaned, ventilated and disinfected after every guest change in accordance with the hygiene requirements.
- Contact points in the house as well as in the dining rooms are regularly disinfected in accordance with the hygiene requirements.
- The dining rooms are ventilated with an exhaust and fresh air system.
- In the dining rooms, care is taken to keep a distance from other groups of guests. If this is not possible, mobile dividers are available.
- À la carte restaurant guests are registered with a QR code registration app. If necessary, contact tracking is guaranteed. The data is automatically deleted after 1 month.
* Changes according to official requirements are possible at any time and will be updated when prompted.
Our Cancellation conditions for summer 2021 and winter season 2021/22:
Free cancellation is always possible at any time for the following reasons:
- Border closure
- Entry restriction with resulting mandatory quarantine (without the possibility of free testing) in the guest's country of origin
- Entry restriction with resulting mandatory quarantine (without the possibility of free testing) in the holiday country
- When the holiday region is declared a risk area because of high numbers of Covid 19 infections
- Lock down or business closure in the holiday region
Other cancellation reasons are chargeable:
For summer bookings (May 20th, 2021 until Oct. 10th, 2021):
- until 8 days before arriving day: no cancellation fee
- from 7 days before arriving day: 90% from total hotel price
For winter bookings (Nov. 24th, 2021 until May 01st, 2022):
- until 31 days before arriving day: no cancellation fee (deposit will be refunded, or put on the guests credit for an alternative date; If an alternative date will be consumed the insurance fee of the cancellation insurance made via us will be taken for the new date !)
- from 30 days until 8 days before arriving day: 70% from total hotel price
- from 7 days before arriving day: 90% from total hotel price
- in case of a delay of arriving or early departure the whole price according to the booking confirmation is to pay.
Cancellation due to illness is not free of charge. The a. m. cancellation conditions do apply !
Our partner, the "Europaeische Reiserversicherung", offers an extensive travel cancellation insurance, which accepts illness, COVID 19 and many other reasons for cancellation. A cancellation due to illness (as well Covid 19) is not a reason for free cancellation. In the case of a room booking, we therefore strongly recommend that you take out travel cancellation insurance directly using the button on the booking form, unless you have already taken out cancellation insurance with another insurer. (Please note that credit card travel insurance does not automatically include cancellation insurance.)
Our recommendation: (www.europaeische.at) Coverage even in the event of a COVID 19 illness. This insurance can be directly made on our booking form.
Apart from that the General Terms and Conditions for The Hotel Industry (Austria) (AGBH 2006) as of 15 November 2006 do apply.
Coming from the valley high way drive until traffic zone G, turn left, drive up to Hotel Sonne, turn right into the pedestrian zone "Dorfstraße", drive straight ahead for about 50 m then on the right side you will see our house "Gasthof Alt Paznaun". The entrance door is on the left side of our house !
Village map of Ischgl Overview map Paznauntal